Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Mexican American Lit Multimedia Project - Sofi

 by Sofi

For my Multimedia Project, I decided to analyze Julia, the main character in I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter. This has become one of my favorite books, and I just kept getting more surprised as I read the book. I also think that there are many ways to describe Julia because she was such a stubborn yet sensitive teenager.  I find Julia to be a very interesting character. Another reason why I decided to do the project about Julia was that Julia reminds me of my sister. Julia is a young girl who stands up for her beliefs and is determined to reach her goals no matter what others think. 


I chose to analyze Julia because of how similar she is to my sister. “Her hair is just as bad as the dress— tight, crunchy curls that remind me of a rich lady’s poodle” (Sanchez 1). This quote shows the crazy, random things Julia would think about and speak her mind about. I also chose this quote to demonstrate how passionate Julia was. “‘I’ve wanted to be a famous writer. I want to be so successful that people stop me on the street…(Sanchez 2). Even though Amá didn’t agree with Julia, Julia was passionate about being independent. Julia states, “‘I want to be a writer. I want to be independent” (Sanchez 216). Julia’s parents never understood why she wanted to leave Chicago so badly to become a writer. Ama and Apá were convinced Julia would be great living in Chicago. “‘Yes, but I want to go to the one in New York. It’s what I’ve wanted for a long time’” (Sanchez 320).








No comments:

Post a Comment