Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Composition Multimedia Project - Anllí

 by Anllí

I wanted to create something meaningful to me, something I could relate to. I believe that expressive art is the best kind of art to make. I also wanted to produce a painting with a deeper meaning than anything I had created before. This was when I deiced to use my inspiration from Ron Finley's TED talk, "A Guerrilla Gardener in South Central LA," to use in a painting. My painting is of a mother and daughter eating dinner that is entirely unhealthy for them. Eating predominantly fast food and foods high in sugars and cholesterol can lead to diseases Finley mentions in his TED talk. Many low-income people are practically eating poison which is why i want to emphasize this in a painting. Oil paint is naturally very glossy and beautiful. Using this medium can help me tell the story I would like to tell in an eerie, elegant way. Using powerpoint can also make it easier to show my steps and efforts. 







1 comment: