Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Mexican American Lit Multimedia Project - Esme

Esme chose to visit and document the various murals in Houston related to Chicanx art, identity, and history. Her explanation and project is below: 

I chose to use PowerPoint to demonstrate a few murals that are located in Downtown Houston. I think using this medium is a simple and clean way for my audience to have a visual image of the themes I chose. The themes that are talked about are: Selena Quintanilla Perez, Frida and La Virgen de Guadalupe. The three murals appealed to me when I saw them because I was able to connect text book to real life. The information from our textbooks and various readings popped up in my head as I saw the artistry. I remembered facts and stories just by observing them. I realized I might be able to offer this opportunity to others. 












No comments:

Post a Comment