Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2022

Mexican American Lit Multimedia Project - Pam

by Pam

For the Multimedia Project, I decided to share a PowerPoint of Chicano Artist Freddy Negrete, and what I learned by listening to the podcast “What’s Black and Gray and Inked All Over?” with Shereen Marisol Meraji. It became interesting to see that there was not a lot of information on Chicano Art Tattoos about representation and meaning. I have a lot of Chicano Art tattoos on my body so I thought it would be nice to show some of his art and tattoos that represent Chicano Art. There is a picture of who Freddy Negrete is and some of his work in the PowerPoint.


The art of tattoos has always been there I think that sometimes religion condemns or judges the love for tattoo art. I went back to the podcast where Mr. Negrete is introduced, and the podcast made me understand a little bit more about the art of tattooing. A person can be gifted and talented in drawing and embracing it on their bodies. I think that tattoo art should belong in Vargas's chapter on the overview of Chicano Art. The reason is that it represents who you are. A person’s tattoos have a meaning. Like Mr. Freddy Negrete mentioned there is love for family, love for religion love for your race and culture you can tattoo express who you are. Listen to the (16:18) and Mr. Negrete says it is so perfectly. Just like paintings, poems and music tattoos is another way of expressing art the only difference is in your body not on paper or a lyric.













No comments:

Post a Comment