Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Composition Multimedia Project - Vy

 




By Vy: 

I chose Shawn Achor's TEDTalk video, “The Happy Secret to Better Work,” as the theme for my Multimedia Project. The simple reason why I chose it is that I want to spread the happy and positive energy that Achor has encouraged in his speech. I have never made a complete video before, but I have tried to be able to record beautiful images which will show exactly Achor’s content so that everyone can understand my intentions. I wanted his steps to become more vivid and authentic. Hence, I choose a video slideshow form. Thereby, you, the viewers, can see that those steps are easy to do every day.

In Chapter 11 "Choosing Genres" of our coursebook, author Lunsford outlined a series of common genres that students are often exposed to at school. These are "Arguments, Analyses, Reports, Narratives, Reviews, Proposals, and Annotated Bibliographies" (Lunsford 139). Achor's presentation is a collection of many of the genres that Lunsford covered. In a twelve-minute speech, Achor used the genres like Narrative, Arguments, Analyses, and proposals. Furthermore, Achor's presentation is also a good example of chapter 35 "Writing in Multiple Modes." As Lunsford defined, the combination of "words, images, sounds, colors, animations, and videos" is a kind of "multimodal" text (Lunsford 776), and Achor's presentation had almost of those factors. In addition, in his speaking, Achor used all of the multimodal writing modes: "linguistic, visual, audio, gestural, and spatial" (Lunsford 777). It can be seen that it is very reasonable to choose Shawn Achor as the subject for my Multimedia project.


No comments:

Post a Comment