Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Students Write - Prof. Martin's Class: John G.

My Goal: Teaching Tennis
by John Garza


I have lots of love and passion for the game of tennis. Playing since the age of 14, time surely has gone by now that I am 19. Over the years, many days of my life have been spent playing and practicing tennis. There have been a handful of days where I have practiced till sundown and have had to stop playing or practicing due to my visibility on the ball. I want to pursue tennis as a career and go into coaching for the game.
Many lessons have been taught to me on the court, like never underestimate the opponent, especially when competing in tournaments. The pressure, nervousness, adrenaline, are all there, mainly because tennis is such a mental sport. Not every match (a game) will go in your favor and when this happens, this can either break or make you.
Tennis is more than just a game. I have made some of my most treasured friends just because we both shared passion for tennis. Tennis is also good at uniting people and allowing them to come together. My first semester of college, I was practicing with a whole new bunch of other tennis players and within a couple of days, I felt like if they were family. That is one of the impacts tennis can have on people who play.
Perfection is something many tennis players aim to achieve when playing. Not even the pros are perfect. This may be because they’re also many different forms and techniques in tennis. There is no definitive way to play tennis. You can practice for however long you want and still will never be able to beat the wall in tennis.
At the end of the day many others share my love and passion for tennis. Some may go down the same road as me and pursue a career in coaching. Some may keep it as a hobby to come to when they have free time, and others might just leave it behind as something they use to do, but one thing is for sure more great tennis is going to be played with the same passion and love in the future to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment