Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Students Write - Prof. Martin's Class: Cindy

My Community Along Imperial Valley
by Cindy Perez
High School Graduation

My parents came to this country as immigrants looking for the American dream for their
children. They have pushed me on to bettering myself and pursue my career on forensic
chemistry. With the knowledge I gain I want to help my community to become a safer one.

I juggle my time between my full-time job and going to school. I attend Lone Star College to
be able to receive my Associate degree on science. Therefore, I can transfer to Sam Houston
State University to receive my bachelor’s degree on forensic chemistry.

I’ve grew up on Imperial Valley area, north of Houston Texas, and has been known as a high
rate on crime. By completing my degrees, I will able to help my community to be safer for
our future generations. I hope to keep the bad guys of the street and incarcerating them
where they belong.

Yet, my biggest obstacle is that I tend to shut myself down and have self-doubt. I question
myself a lot if I am even smart enough or capable to achieve my goals. I want to overcome
that fear and push through and finish what I already started.

My mother has always said to me “whatever you sacrifice now, is going to pay off in the long
run.” I want to achieve my goal by getting my Associate of Science degree and my Bachelor’s
degree on forensic chemistry. Where I soon would be able to provide for my community.


__________________________________________________________________________________
Cindy is a current student in Prof. Bruce Martin's writing course.



No comments:

Post a Comment