Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Gaming (Composition Blog) - Brayan

by Brayan

An assortment of Game consoles and systems


Video games are forms of entertainment that are played and enjoyed by millions of people worldwide. These games come in numerous varieties of genres for many different platforms such as consoles, PC’s, and even on mobile devices. Whether playing single or multiplayer, or competitively or casually, gamers around the world like myself, grew up with them and enjoy them daily.

I got into video games at a young age thanks to my parents and their old SNES console. Sadly,

that SNES is now super old, outdated, and it doesn’t work anymore, but I will never forget the

memories, and fun times it gave me growing up. Ever since my parents showed me that game

console my love for video games grew with me and soon I would find another console to have

fun on.


My next console after that SNES was an Xbox 360, which was a major step up in terms of

technology and fun. During my time in school, my friends either had a PS3 or an Xbox 360, and it just so happened that more of them had an Xbox 360, so I joined them, and it was definitely worth it. I also have lots of memories with my old Xbox 360 and the times I had fun with my school friends there, but as time went on those consoles got old as well and soon new ones arrived.


When I entered middle school, I remember the release of newer consoles and the main two, were the PS4 and the Xbox One and the hype for them was crazy. I know I had an Xbox before but this time I wanted to try out the new PS4 with my friends, and it was the best decision I’ve made. Even today, my friends and I still have our PS4 consoles and play often, it feels like it was only yesterday when I got mine.


Now with the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S being the newest generation of consoles, my PS4 would be considered outdated, and it makes me sad that I would have to replace my best and most fun console for the newest gen one. During the launch of the newest generation consoles in 2020, I tried going for the PS5, but I never made it because the hype surrounding them was so massive, I always got a "sold out" message. One day I’ll upgrade to a PS5 and put my dusty PS4 to rest, but to be here, even playing games, it was thanks to all the games and consoles before this, and to my parents for introducing me to the game in the first place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment