Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Students Write - Prof. Martin's Class: Sanjuana

Mrs. Garcia - My Biggest Influence
by Sanjuana Sanchez

Mrs.Garcia was a principal assistant, so not in million years would I think she might have an influence on me in any way. Her desk was located outside the principal's office right by the entrance of the main office. Her job involved calling students to the principal's office, taking messages, and organizing things for the principal.
When I met Mrs. Garcia, I had come to the office for an altercation, but prior to that I was supposed to come in for a meeting with the principal since I was the only student with straight A’s in the school. I was in trouble for 2.9 seconds till the principal, Mrs. Garcia, and other faculty made fun of the situation. Afterwards, while I waited for my mom, I spoke to her and gave her my version of the story.
Mrs. Garcia helped me by paying for an online class of mine so I could graduate. Another thing she did was inform me about organizations around the school and out of school. Mrs. Garcia would always check in to make sure I was always passing my classes and doing well.
Mrs. Garcia told me a lot of things; she was a woman walking with words of wisdom. One day I asked her why was she so nice and she said because “We Latinas, mija, brown people need to stick together." She also told that when I make something out of myself to help the next one in line.
Mrs. Garcia taught me that with hard work and dedication anything is possible. Another thing she taught me was everything happens for a reason and nothing could amount to the blessing coming my way. She motivates me to be positive and always optimistic despite the situation I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment