Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Students Write: What Houston Means to Me - Jarely

by Jarely Uribe


Houston can be many things. Traffic, loud noises, pollution, and a lot of entertainment is what Houston means to other people. To me it means home, because I was born here, my family lives here, and I am starting my own life here.

Being born in a great place like this makes you love it the way it is, and it is what makes me consider it home. Every feeling I have towards Houston can also be attached to the fact that my family is near me. They help me overcome the difficulties associated with school and career opportunities in Houston.

Houston is the place where all of my family lives. This is where we spend all the holidays together, and we enjoy the special moments in our lives. This is where I want to plan a future, near the ones I love.

The city and space is the right place for me to start my life because it gives me the opportunity to accomplish what I want in a future. I can see myself building a home and starting a family and career here. This is where anything is possible for me.

Houston is
everything: a store on the corner, a museum to visit, or a neighborhood to walk around. Home to me is a place I was born, somewhere my family is, and knowing I can start my life there. This is what Houston means to me, my home.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Jarely Uribe is a current student at Lone Star College North Harris who is working towards a degree in Education.  She hopes to transfer to the University of Houston-Downtown to continue towards her goal of becoming an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment